Do you want to boost the range of your Linksys router? Then, relax because you come to the right page. In this post, you will know how you can extend the range of the router with the Linksys RE6400 setup. Let’s dive in.
How To Sign-in Linksys Extender
- Place the plug of the Linksys extender in a wall socket. Turn it ON.
- Now, connect one end of the ethernet cable to the Linksys RE6400 extender and another end to the host router.
- After that, open the web browser of your choice.
- Type Linksys extender login gateway in the location bar.
- Now, you will enter the setup page of the Linksys extender.
- Pick the wired range extender option and tap on the next button.
- Lastly, create an admin WiFi password for the Linksys extender and save it.
Basic Needs For Linksys Extender Setup
- You will need a Linksys extender and a power adapter.
- Without these requirements, you can’t log in and do the setup of the extender.
- Require one ethernet cable to connect the extender to the router.
These are the few needs that you will need to do the setup of Linksys extender.
Conditions During Linksys Extender Setup
- Your Linksys range extender must be turned on.
- Go to the Linksys extender wireless settings.
- Save all the changed settings of the Linksys extender.
Setup Linksys RE6400 Extender
There are three methods to do the setup of Linksys extender.
- By Linksys app.
- Via WPS method.
- By Manually.
Method 1: Setup Linksys RE6400 Extender- By Linksys app
- Join Linksys RE6400 extender in the wall socket.
- Now, open the Linksys app on a mobile phone or on a computer.
- After that, enter your username and password.
- Further, the app will show you the setup page on display.
- As a result, follow all the display instructions step by step to do the setup process.
Method 2: Connect Extender To Router- By WPS Method
It is a very easy method to extend the range of the router by the WPS method. Consider these steps to do this method.
- First, locate the Linksys extender in a power socket.
- Now, press the WPS button of the host router.
- After that, press the Linksys RE6400 extender WPS button (just in 2 minutes).
- Now, you can see solid green LEDs on both extender and router devices.
- As a result, both devices successfully connect with each other.
Note: Apart from the above two methods of setup you can try this last method. We hope, after trying this method your extender will connects to the router.
Method 3: Configure Linksys Extender- By Manually
- First, place your extender and computer in the same room.
- Now, place both the power plug of the extender and the computer in the power socket.
- After that, enter the web address in the Location bar.
- A login page will open on your screen. Fill in all the credentials for login.
- Lastly, consider all display instructions to do the setup process.
Note: After doing the Linksys WiFi extender setup, if it does not work perfectly then try out these troubleshooting tips.
- Enter the correct web address in the location bar.
- Check, your computer perfectly connects to the Linksys extender.
- See all LED lights to verify the status of an extender. Whether it is attached or not.
- Upgrade the web browser which you are using.
- Turn on and off your Linksys extender. (It is also called by another name of power cycle)
- Check the distance between the extender and the router.
- Update the hardware of the Linksys extender.
Note: After trying out the above troubleshooting tips if the issue is not solved then try these additional tips.
Update Firmware Of Linksys RE6400 Extender
Updating the firmware of the Linksys extender helps you to solve the issue. Outdated firmware of an extender drops an internet connection issue. Observe these steps to do this method.
- First, join the extender to the router by an ethernet cable.
Note: Make sure your Linksys extender does not connect to the router during this process.
- Now, go to the web setup page by opening a web browser and typing an IP address 192.168.1.1 in the location bar.
- Now, enter admin in both fields of username and password.
- After that, tap on the administration option.
- Now, hit on the software update option or just similar like that. (You can find this option under the administration option)
Automatic Restart Of An Extender
Automatic restart means turning on and off your Linksys extender. After powering off your Linksys extender, wait at least 30 seconds. After that, power on your Linksys RE6400 extender and see works properly, and the issue of the extender is solved.
Change The Position Of The Extender
The position of the Linksys extender also affects the speed of the extender. We suggest you settle the Linksys extender near the router. Both extender and router should be placed in the same room. Make sure you don’t place your extender near metal appliances because this appliance absorbs the WiFi signal which comes from the extender.
Tip: After trying the above three tips, if you are still facing an issue then try out this final method.
Reset Linksys RE6400 Extender
- First, take a small paper clip.
- Now, press the reset hole button with a paperclip.
- Make sure you don’t press the paper clip with pressure. Otherwise, it will destroy your extender device.
- Further, press the reset hole for 3 to 5 seconds to hear a sound just like a bell.
- As a result, your Linksys extender is completely reset.
Note: Soft reset is the best way to solve the issues of the Linksys extender. After the reset of the Linksys extender, you will need to do the Linksys RE6400 setup again.
After reading this page we hope you will be able to know all the proper knowledge about the Linksys RE6400 extender. After trying this troubleshooting or additional tips if your issue is not solved then contact our technical team. It will help you to get the solution to your issue. Stay tuned for more updates.